Saturday, May 1, 2010

Coming Down Off The High

So at this point in time, I'm finally having the always on the go feeling of being busy with academic life finally starting to fade. It's a great feeling, I mean not feeling like I'm running on a constant deadline and that I'm struggling to keep my head above the water. I managed to finish the semester off with a 79.7% average. It's a great average but the perfectionist in me is kicking myself for not nailing that extra .3% to get the 80% and achieve our Dean's Honours List standing again. I mean, at this point mark's are important, and I'm worrying about not being able to qualify for Grad school.

I struggled with a 'bulimic' day today. Binge eating and purging. Not my idea of a perfect day, I hate the feelings associated with it, but one day isn't the end of the world, and tomorrow will be a new day to pick up and right the wrongs that I made today. I generally have days like this when I'm readjusting to being back home. So Christmas and Summer are prime time to see come and go days. This is the first time in the week I've been home, so I'm hoping that this will be one of the only ones I have. On Monday, I plan on getting a bit bold, and starting a jogging regime. I had bought a Weight Watchers Magazine and they have a great schedule set out to have you running 20 minutes straight a day in 8 weeks. I'm planning on making that a goal for the summer. I'm absolutely terrified. I've tried to run a few times and had people make some rather inappropriate comments. Unfortunately I really cling onto words, so I'm thinking I'll just have to plug in my ipod or cellphone and just ignore them.

I also need to get my G2 this summer. I tried last summer but failed. I'm adding that onto my list of things I need to do this coming week - go into our drivers ed place and see what it'd cost to take some in car lessons to brush up on my skills to try again. I also have to work on my novel some more this summer, maybe, hopefully finish it (I doubt it though... its sat untouched for a few years now at 99 pages). The thing with it though, is that I started writing it for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) back when I was at the height of my illness, so now that I'm 100x better than I was back there, it's hard to pick it back up. But, I've put so much work into it I HAVE to finish it eventually, especially because I know exactly where I want to go with it.

I want to dance and/or ride as well, but we'll have to see. That's going to come down to a money and time game. I'm still waiting to hear back from the YMCA or the other 2 jobs I applied for, to see if I'm going to have more than just KFC on my list of duties for the summer. I have a couple different places to ride at in mind, and need to get a better look at what's out there for dance.

Lastly, I want to get back in touch with my artistic side. I do a lot of work on photoshop, doing photo manipulations for a few horse related games that I play. Here are some examples of more recentish stuff












Most of these were made to be layouts for the game. Basically most of these are taking different images, the backgrounds, the horses, different fonts and brushes and putting them together to make different creates. Although they may be hard to see in the small forms, all the components of the pictures are credited on them. So the manipulations are mine but the individual component photos, with the exception of the photo for the Big Riders Association one and the drawing in The American Saddlebred Association, don't belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment