Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lets Try Something New

Sooooo being that tomorrow (err well Today) is Monday, it means that its the perfect time to try to get into a new routine. I've been trying to figure out something cost effective to try to do while at home in attempts to keep up with the exercise I was doing while I was still away at school. I'm thinking that tomorrow I'm going to start attempting to jog. I'm going to follow the Weight Watchers routine to get to be a 10:1 runner, so we'll see. I'm still kind of leery to be out and running, afraid of peoples words and such but hey we'll give it a go.

I finally finished one of the books I was attempting to finish. Now my mom's taken it, suddenly interested in it. I'm not sure if it's really her sort of book but hey she'll read just about anything at least until she's gotten far enough to realize that she doesn't enjoy it. I started reading the His Dark Materials triology by Philip Pullman. I had gotten half way through the Golden Compass years ago, but never finished it. So I want to read the entire trilogy this summer.

Tomorrow mom, my brother and I are going to see my step-grandmother. Since I was old enough to understand that she was my grandfathers second wife, I've never been quite sure how to refer to her when talking to other people. I mean we called her Grandma, but it's still one of those slightly awkward sort of things to bring up. Anyways, we haven't seen her since my grandfather passed away back when I was in High School, pretty much because my dad cut her out of his life once his dad died. I don't quite like feeling as if we're going behind his back, but I understand why mom is having us go to see her.

Am still waiting to hear back from the YMCA to see if I got hired or not, and am going to follow up with a couple places this week, as well as going to look into getting some driving lessons so that perhaps I can actually pass my G2 this year. I'm still bitter over failing the first time, even though I know that most people fail their first time out. Oh well, shit happens I guess.

Anyways off to bed with me, so I can be ready to try to start thing whole running deal :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope that running went well for you. It's great exercise and I enjoy it, but I've been doing it for a while. Wow, longer than you've been alive, I just realized. Hope that the YMCA job comes through.

    We have a similar situation with my husband's grandfather's second wife. His grandfather died a few months ago, so we were going to take my husband's grandfather's widow out for Mothers' Day. But my husband's aunt objected, saying that she isn't the family's mother or grandmother. But she is the only greatgrandmother that our son knows. So I told my husband to forget his aunt and we'll do what we please and go out whenever we want with whoever we want.

    ReplyDelete